Certified Medical Coder
We are seeking a Medical Coder experienced in Ambulatory Surgery Center/Outpatient – Multispecialty coding to join our team for an upcoming contract. The Medical Coder will assign and sequence CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM codes by reviewing the documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate for billing, reporting, research, and compliance. This contract is remote.
Status: 1099 Contractor, paid at per claim rate
- High School Diploma or GED required
- AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required
- 3-5 years of Medical Coding experience required
- Extensive knowledge in medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology is required
- Ambulatory Surgical Center coding experience preferred
- Multispecialty coding experience preferred
- Access to current year coding manuals and resources required
- Access to computer, internet, and phone equipment required
– Including but not limited to: Ortho, Pain Mgmt, Gastro, Gyn, General, and Ophthalmology
– 2021 CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, and NCCI Edits
– Windows software
– High-speed Internet
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.